Ahnentafel ID

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
JuanSo

Ahnentafel ID

Beitrag von JuanSo »

Works Ahnentafel system numeration in Ahnenblatt? Cause if I put (in this order) me, my parents, my brothers, my wife, my daugther and then my grandparent, program gives to my grandparent the I8 (following the order that I put persons, and not following the Ahnentafel system, where my grandparent would be I4).

There's anyway inside the program to correct this?

Thanks!
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 32 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hi,

if I get your point, you are interested in a personal numbering of your family following the Sosa–Stradonitz method, in Germany called the Kekulé numbering or internationally simply Ahnentafel or Ahnenreihe system. Which would start by numbering the starting subject '1', his or her father '2', mother '3', father of the father '4' and so on.

This is of course not the same as the internal numbering in your family data file as they are indeed numbered sequentially according to the data entry.

This is because a family file doesn't necessary have a starting person. Only after starting an export, you are attributing a starting subject and may get those Sosa/Stradoniz/Kekulé numbers in your genealogical list: It's totally independent from the personal IDs.
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
JuanSo

Beitrag von JuanSo »

if I get your point, you are interested in a personal numbering of your family following the Sosa–Stradonitz method, in Germany called the Kekulé numbering or internationally simply Ahnentafel or Ahnenreihe system. Which would start by numbering the starting subject '1', his or her father '2', mother '3', father of the father '4' and so on.
Yes. I prefer the Sosa (or Ahnentafel) system.
This is because a family file doesn't necessary have a starting person. Only after starting an export, you are attributing a starting subject and may get those Sosa/Stradoniz/Kekulé numbers in your genealogical list: It's totally independent from the personal IDs.
Ok I understand is not the same ID in Ahnenblatt or Sosa number. But my question is: how can I get those Sosa numbers? Because when I export to gedcom file, I see sames ID Ahnenblatt numbers (according my data entry). There's any way to reorder those ID? Or I need to make an special Sosa report to see this order?
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 32 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

No. There is no way to renumber the GEDCOM IDs within Ahnenblatt. And I wouldn't recommend you to try this. That system doesn't apply to a full family file: There is no number for brothers and sisters or for partners outside the direct genelogical path within the Sosa system.

You can only get Sosa numbers for direct ancestors. Which is not sufficient for a numbering system of a wider family file.

Therefore, in Ahnenblatt, you only get Sosa numbers if you create an ancestors's list. Which are created on the fly.
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
JuanSo

Beitrag von JuanSo »

No. There is no way to renumber the GEDCOM IDs within Ahnenblatt. And I wouldn't recommend you to try this. That system doesn't apply to a full family file: There is no number for brothers and sisters or for partners outside the direct genelogical path within the Sosa system.
Ah ok! I didn't think about problem of these other lateral lines.

Therefore, in Ahnenblatt, you only get Sosa numbers if you create an ancestors's list. Which are created on the fly.
OK. I understand :) Thanks for your help!
Antworten